BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Those unhappy store owners — miffed that they were told to close their stores in the midst of the COVID-19 initial outbreak — are now allowed to reopen on Monday, May 11th.
The catch: they can only operate at 25 percent occupancy.
At the risk of stating the obvious, if a store is permitted for 100 shoppers at any given time, that store may now have no more than 25 shoppers in your store.
Here’s the language:
“In-store retail sales establishments may open storefronts if they operate at no more than 25 percent of their building occupancy and abide by the safety guidelines issued by the CDC and OSHA.”
“The Department of Business and Professional Regulation shall utilities its authorities under Florida law to implement and enforce the provisions of this order as appropriate.”
Stores considered essential, like Target and Publix, remain exempt from these rules.
Phase Two — which is currently nowhere on the visible horizon — permits more leniency.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots