UPDATE: That was short lived. The numbers just updated show the initial report was exceedingly optimistic. Click here for the latest.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We caution that this number can change and often does during the day, but the first report from the Florida Department of Health shows a total of just 103 “new” cases of COVID-19 in Florida logged on Monday, May 11th. That’s a dramatic drop by the day before — there were 398 cases on May 10th — and the day before that. On May 9th, 707 new cases were logged.
The early number often gives way to a higher number later in the day, but we do not believe we have seen any “first” number this low since tabulations began in March.
April 23, 2020 remains the day with the highest “new case count” in Florida — more than 1,200 new cases were logged by the Florida Department of Health on that day.
Keep in mind: the day of report is when the test results are officially recorded by health department officials. The test could have been conducted days earlier.
While the number is not a perfect metric, it does represent, at least for now, a significant decline.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up
- Mizner Country Club Sued For Discrimination, Ex-Bartender Claims Sexual Assault
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County