BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are rising in Florida. The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health now show at least 42,402 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count in Florida has risen to 1,827.
The “new case” count has risen for each of the past three days of reporting. Health Officials report 813 new confirmed cases on May 11th — the most recent day with statewide information entered. There were 617 cases logged on May 10th. 389 on May 9th.
The daily death count continues a multi-day upward trend as well. There were 15 deaths logged in Florida on May 9th, May 10th shows 19 deaths, May 11th shows 20 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 4,176 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count in PBC is 254. The male/female split is 51-percent to 49-percent.
The past five days show an up-and-down graph for “new” cases in Palm Beach County. 171 new PBC cases were logged on May 8th, 78 on May 9th, 22 on May 10th, 124 on May 11th and 143 on May 12th.
The fatality rate in Palm Beach County is 6-percent of all COVID-19 cases. It’s 4-percent for the entire state.
The Boca Raton infected count is now 532. The Delray Beach infected count is 394. The Boynton Beach infected count is 457.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases