BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are rising in Florida. The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health now show at least 42,402 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count in Florida has risen to 1,827.
The “new case” count has risen for each of the past three days of reporting. Health Officials report 813 new confirmed cases on May 11th — the most recent day with statewide information entered. There were 617 cases logged on May 10th. 389 on May 9th.
The daily death count continues a multi-day upward trend as well. There were 15 deaths logged in Florida on May 9th, May 10th shows 19 deaths, May 11th shows 20 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 4,176 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count in PBC is 254. The male/female split is 51-percent to 49-percent.
The past five days show an up-and-down graph for “new” cases in Palm Beach County. 171 new PBC cases were logged on May 8th, 78 on May 9th, 22 on May 10th, 124 on May 11th and 143 on May 12th.
The fatality rate in Palm Beach County is 6-percent of all COVID-19 cases. It’s 4-percent for the entire state.
The Boca Raton infected count is now 532. The Delray Beach infected count is 394. The Boynton Beach infected count is 457.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed