BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are rising in Florida. The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health now show at least 42,402 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count in Florida has risen to 1,827.
The “new case” count has risen for each of the past three days of reporting. Health Officials report 813 new confirmed cases on May 11th — the most recent day with statewide information entered. There were 617 cases logged on May 10th. 389 on May 9th.
The daily death count continues a multi-day upward trend as well. There were 15 deaths logged in Florida on May 9th, May 10th shows 19 deaths, May 11th shows 20 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 4,176 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count in PBC is 254. The male/female split is 51-percent to 49-percent.
The past five days show an up-and-down graph for “new” cases in Palm Beach County. 171 new PBC cases were logged on May 8th, 78 on May 9th, 22 on May 10th, 124 on May 11th and 143 on May 12th.
The fatality rate in Palm Beach County is 6-percent of all COVID-19 cases. It’s 4-percent for the entire state.
The Boca Raton infected count is now 532. The Delray Beach infected count is 394. The Boynton Beach infected count is 457.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday