SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We continued to spot check other regions of Florida. In Sarasota County, there are now 435 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 57 deaths, according to the Florida Department of Health.
The median age of those infected in Sarasota County is 63.
The age range of those killed in Sarasota County — based on DOH stats — is 28 to 102.
By gender: 173 of those infected identify as male, 246 identify as female. By percentage, 49 percent of those infected in Sarasota County are female, 41 percent male.
By race: 25 identify as black, 338 as white, 31 as other. By percentage, 81-percent white, 6-percent black, 31-percent other.
By ethnicity: 44 of those infected in Sarasota identify as Hispanic, 325 as non-Hispanic, 50 as “unknown/no data.” By percentage: 11-percent Hispanic, 78-percent “non-Hispanic,” 12-percent “unknown.”
Based on the latest statistics released on May 11th, Sarasota County is reporting a 1.1-percent positive rate based on testing. To simplify the State’s language — of everyone tested on May 11th, only 1.1 percent tested positive.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER