SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We continued to spot check other regions of Florida. In Sarasota County, there are now 435 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 57 deaths, according to the Florida Department of Health.
The median age of those infected in Sarasota County is 63.
The age range of those killed in Sarasota County — based on DOH stats — is 28 to 102.
By gender: 173 of those infected identify as male, 246 identify as female. By percentage, 49 percent of those infected in Sarasota County are female, 41 percent male.
By race: 25 identify as black, 338 as white, 31 as other. By percentage, 81-percent white, 6-percent black, 31-percent other.
By ethnicity: 44 of those infected in Sarasota identify as Hispanic, 325 as non-Hispanic, 50 as “unknown/no data.” By percentage: 11-percent Hispanic, 78-percent “non-Hispanic,” 12-percent “unknown.”
Based on the latest statistics released on May 11th, Sarasota County is reporting a 1.1-percent positive rate based on testing. To simplify the State’s language — of everyone tested on May 11th, only 1.1 percent tested positive.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again