SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We continued to spot check other regions of Florida. In Sarasota County, there are now 435 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 57 deaths, according to the Florida Department of Health.
The median age of those infected in Sarasota County is 63.
The age range of those killed in Sarasota County — based on DOH stats — is 28 to 102.
By gender: 173 of those infected identify as male, 246 identify as female. By percentage, 49 percent of those infected in Sarasota County are female, 41 percent male.
By race: 25 identify as black, 338 as white, 31 as other. By percentage, 81-percent white, 6-percent black, 31-percent other.
By ethnicity: 44 of those infected in Sarasota identify as Hispanic, 325 as non-Hispanic, 50 as “unknown/no data.” By percentage: 11-percent Hispanic, 78-percent “non-Hispanic,” 12-percent “unknown.”
Based on the latest statistics released on May 11th, Sarasota County is reporting a 1.1-percent positive rate based on testing. To simplify the State’s language — of everyone tested on May 11th, only 1.1 percent tested positive.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care