SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We continued to spot check other regions of Florida. In Sarasota County, there are now 435 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 57 deaths, according to the Florida Department of Health.
The median age of those infected in Sarasota County is 63.
The age range of those killed in Sarasota County — based on DOH stats — is 28 to 102.
By gender: 173 of those infected identify as male, 246 identify as female. By percentage, 49 percent of those infected in Sarasota County are female, 41 percent male.
By race: 25 identify as black, 338 as white, 31 as other. By percentage, 81-percent white, 6-percent black, 31-percent other.
By ethnicity: 44 of those infected in Sarasota identify as Hispanic, 325 as non-Hispanic, 50 as “unknown/no data.” By percentage: 11-percent Hispanic, 78-percent “non-Hispanic,” 12-percent “unknown.”
Based on the latest statistics released on May 11th, Sarasota County is reporting a 1.1-percent positive rate based on testing. To simplify the State’s language — of everyone tested on May 11th, only 1.1 percent tested positive.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach