BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: State of Florida Executive Order) — They lead the state in infections and deaths, but Miami-Dade and Broward Counties now join the rest of Florida in moving to a Phase One reopening plan. The reopening starts May 18th.
Here’s the executive order from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis:
WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-52 declaring a state of emergency for the entire State of Florida as a result of COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, on April 29, 2020, based on data showing a downward trajectory of hospital visits for influenza-like illness and COVID-19-like syndromic cases, a decrease in percent positive test results, and a significant increase in hospital capacity, I issued Executive Order 20-112 initiating Phase 1 of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery; and
WHEREAS, this Executive Order did not apply to Miami-Dade and Broward Counties; and
WHEREAS, local leadership in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, citing data showing a downward trajectory of influenza-like illness and COVID-like illness and a low percent of new individuals testing positive, have requested that the County proceed to Phase 1.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RON DESANTIS, as Governor of Florida, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Article IV, Section (l)(a) of the Florida Constitution and Chapter 252, Florida Statutes, and all other applicable laws, promulgate the following Executive Order:
Section 1. Broward and Miami-Dade Counties to Phase 1
Executive Order 20-112, as modified by Executive Order 20-120, is further modified as follows:
As of the effective date of this order, the restriction in Section 2(A)(2) of Executive Order 20-112 no longer applies to Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.
Section 2. Effective Date
This order is effective at 12:01 a.m. on May 18, 2020.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday