DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Is Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach a Wild West of out of control restauranteurs placing business over public safety? Readers and viewers of BocaNewsNow.com TV sending photos and emails say “yes,” and Delray Police are apparently looking the other way.
To be clear: the “reopening rules” are open for interpretation. The State of Florida “rules” language includes words like “should” and “may” which potentially gives restaurant owners and managers cover if they end up being cited by the City or sued down the road by patrons who trace COVID-19 exposure to their restaurant.
Rocco’s Tacos on Atlantic is being lauded for following the rules. Others, however, are not.
From an UBER Eats driver who contacted BocaNewsNow.com:
”I think the bigger issue though is the lack of enforcement of the new guidelines. many establishments had staff walking around inside and out with no masks on. this included waiters, waitresses and managers,” wrote the UBER Eats driver. “One young lady, a hostess, was the only person working at one of the restaurants wearing a mask. I thanked her for wearing one then asked why she was the only one and she said “I don’t want to die.” then she told me that the rest of the staff makes fun of her for wearing one. she also stated she thought it was a mistake to reopen so soon.”
Wrote another reader:
“The full tables are right NEXT TO EACH OTHER. They are not seperated by 1 empty table. Roccos Tacos is a great example as they left every other table empty. But others did not.”
There are reports that Delray Beach Police have at the very least “warned” managers, but those contacting BocaNewsNow.com say they are seeing no mass enforcement over several nights.
We are seeking warning and citation information from Delray Beach Police and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation — check back for updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog