BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: City of Boca Raton Media Advisory Verbatim) — Public and private beaches in Palm Beach County will open on Monday, May 18, 2020. Pedestrians will have access to City beaches from sunrise to sunset during the reopening phase, however, all City of Boca Raton beach parks including parking, facilities, restrooms, playgrounds and picnic pavilions will remain closed until further notice. No lifeguards will be on duty, swimming is at your own risk.
Beach parks include:
- Spanish River Park
- Bark Beach at Spanish River Park
- Red Reef Park
- Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
- Alan C. Alford Golf Course at Red Reef
- South Beach Park
- South Beach Pavilion
- South Inlet Park (PBC Beach will remain closed)
I’m a resident of Boca Raton. How can I access the beach? You can walk or ride a bike to a beach park access point, all parking inside the parks remains closed. Beaches will be open from sunrise to sunset. Parking along A1A is prohibited.
What activities are allowed on City beaches in this first phase? While activities are not restricted, all social distancing guidelines should be maintained for safety. Swimming is at your own risk, as lifeguards will not be on duty.
When will beach parks and parking open? The City is evaluating the safety of this first phase of opening and will monitor and consider timing of beach openings in Broward County before a decision is made.
Will my beach permit pass be extended? The City will review this issue during the budget process in September.
When will Bark Beach re-open? Dog parks remain closed under the Palm Beach County order. Plans are being made to reopen Bark Beach and Mizner Bark so that the timing is coordinated with County openings.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected