DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: City of Delray Beach Advisory Published Verbatim) — Public and private beaches in Palm Beach County will reopen on Monday, May 18, 2020. The City of Delray Beach will begin a phased reopening of its municipal beach as well as its adjacent park on Monday, May 18, 2020. The municipal beach and Atlantic Dunes Park will be open from 9am to 6pm every day. Lifeguards will be monitoring the beach. How beachgoers can access beaches:
- Pedestrians and bicyclists can access the municipal beach at beach access points.
- Beaches will be open 9am to 6pm.
- Lifeguards will be monitoring the beach.
- Parking is allowed along A1A. Parking meters on A1A will resume operation. Paying to park is required, and time limits will be enforced. Parking enforcement will resume.
- The Anchor Park parking lot will be limited to vehicles whose drivers are Delray Beach residents. All drivers attempting to park at Anchor Park must present driver licenses with Delray Beach addresses. Parking is free. Posting time limits will be enforced.
- At Atlantic Dunes Park, half of the parking lot will be available for parking but will be open to all. Parking is free. Posted time limits will be enforced.
- The Delray Beach Pavilion will remain closed.
- All beach restrooms will remain closed.
Beach parks that will be open: Atlantic Dunes Park Activities allowed while visiting the beach: Walking Jogging Swimming
Activities prohibited while visiting the beach: Surfing Sunbathing VolleyballGroup fitness Organized activities Congregating Chairs, tents and cabana rentals Beach opening: The City is evaluating the safety of this first phase of reopening. The City will enforce any social distancing requirements established by Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning