New Cases Consistently At Highest Levels Since April
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just hours after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced a more aggressive “Phase One” reopening for all of Florida, the Florida Department of Health revealed that the past three days have all shown ‘new case’ counts of roughly 800 a day.
The “percent” positive rate — the number of people testing positive versus all tests administered — over the past few days averages 4.67 percent.
In fact, not since April have the new case numbers been so high. By the numbers, 807 new cases were logged on May 12th, 798 on May 13th and 812 on May 14th.
As Saturday morning gets underway, there are at lest 44,138 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is now 1,917.
In Palm Beach County, at least 4,319 have tested positive. The death count In Palm Beach County is at least 271. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 52.
In Boca Raton, at least 546 people have tested positive, in Boynton Beach it’s 488, in Delray it’s 408.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”