New Cases Consistently At Highest Levels Since April
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just hours after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced a more aggressive “Phase One” reopening for all of Florida, the Florida Department of Health revealed that the past three days have all shown ‘new case’ counts of roughly 800 a day.
The “percent” positive rate — the number of people testing positive versus all tests administered — over the past few days averages 4.67 percent.
In fact, not since April have the new case numbers been so high. By the numbers, 807 new cases were logged on May 12th, 798 on May 13th and 812 on May 14th.
As Saturday morning gets underway, there are at lest 44,138 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is now 1,917.
In Palm Beach County, at least 4,319 have tested positive. The death count In Palm Beach County is at least 271. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 52.
In Boca Raton, at least 546 people have tested positive, in Boynton Beach it’s 488, in Delray it’s 408.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors