New Cases Consistently At Highest Levels Since April
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just hours after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced a more aggressive “Phase One” reopening for all of Florida, the Florida Department of Health revealed that the past three days have all shown ‘new case’ counts of roughly 800 a day.
The “percent” positive rate — the number of people testing positive versus all tests administered — over the past few days averages 4.67 percent.
In fact, not since April have the new case numbers been so high. By the numbers, 807 new cases were logged on May 12th, 798 on May 13th and 812 on May 14th.
As Saturday morning gets underway, there are at lest 44,138 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is now 1,917.
In Palm Beach County, at least 4,319 have tested positive. The death count In Palm Beach County is at least 271. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 52.
In Boca Raton, at least 546 people have tested positive, in Boynton Beach it’s 488, in Delray it’s 408.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman