BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Trump Administration document obtained by Yahoo News allegedly shows that Palm Beach County is now one of three hotspots in the United States, and suggests that numbers released by the Florida Department of Health are bogus.
The report, which has NOT been seen by BocaNewsNow.com but is being widely reported, claims to say this: “Palm Beach County, FL reported a 71 percent increase in new cases the last 7 days compared to the previous 7 days. The state authorized Palm Beach County to being Phase 1 of reopening on 11 May, which includes the reopening of barbershops, salons, restaurants and other businesses.”
While BocaNewsNow.com has reported an increase in “new cases” over the past several days, the new case infection rate is holding around 5 percent — a number consistent over the past several weeks. To put it another way, of all the tests administered, roughly five percent are “positive.” The increase in new reported cases coincides with — at least over the some of the days reviewed — an increase in testing. Although numbers have certainly not dropped, BocaNewsNow.com has not seen consistently dramatic increases since May 11th.
It is also unlikely, although certainly not impossible, that those infected on the first few days of Palm Beach County’s “Phase One” reopening would have experienced symptoms and arranged for testing in such a short period of time.
It is unclear, according to the Yahoo News report, which agency generated the report which was apparently for the Department of Homeland Security.
The other three areas allegedly named “hotspots” in the report are San Bernardino County and Marshall County, AL.
The Yahoo News report can be found here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT