BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: National Hurricane Center Saturday Afternoon Update) — Special Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 PM EDT Sat May 16 2020 For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued to discuss the potential for tropical or subtropical development off the east coast of Florida.
Data from the Air Force Hurricane Hunters and satellite images indicate that the low pressure system located just off the coast of east-central Florida has become better defined today. In addition, the associated showers and thunderstorms continue to gradually organize.
If these trends continues, advisories will likely be initiated on this system as a tropical or subtropical depression later today. Later in the weekend and early next week, the system is expected to move generally northeastward over the western Atlantic near or east of the Carolinas. The system will continue to bring gusty winds and locally heavy rains across portions of east-central Florida through tonight.
Interests near the North Carolina coast should closely monitor the progress of this system, as it could produce gusty winds and heavy rains there on Monday, and a tropical storm watch will likely be issued for that area later today. In addition, hazardous marine conditions will spread northward during the next few days, likely causing dangerous surf and rip currents along much of the southeast and mid-Atlantic coasts of the U.S.
See products from your local National Weather Service office for more details. Another Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is scheduled to investigate the system this evening. The next Special Tropical Weather Outlook on this system will be issued by 9 PM EDT today, or earlier if needed. * Formation chance through 48 hours…high…near 100 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days…high…near 100 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat