BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The percent of people testing positive in Florida is rising. It is a key metric in determining whether Florida has a stable, declining or increasing problem with COVID-19.
Based on the latest numbers, there is potentially a growing problem Florida.
As of mid-day Monday, the percent positive rate in Florida was 8.8 percent. In the simplest terms, that takes all of the tests logged by Florida health officials over the past five days and averages the number of those tests that came back “positive” for COVID-19.
The percent positive rate has risen over the past several days. It is currently 8.8 percent. It was 8.3 percent on Sunday and 7.14 percent on Saturday.
In Florida, there are now at least 46,442 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 1,997.
In Palm Beach County, at least 4,658 people have tested positive. The death count in Palm Beach County is 275.
In Boca Raton, at least 563 people have tested positive. In Delray Beach the number is 418. In Boynton Beach at least 496 have tested positive.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested