BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida death count has now hit 2,052. That is the first update that raises the Florida COVID-19 body count past the 2000 mark.
The COVID-19 infection count, statewide, is at least 46,944.
The update comes as the Tampa Bay Times reports that the Florida Department of Health may have ordered an employee to suppress numbers. You can read that report through the link at the end of this story. The suggestion is that the employee was told to suppress numbers to support Governor Ron DeSantis’ move to “reopen” the state.
In Palm Beach County, there are now at least 4,699 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with at least 284 deaths. The median age of those infected has dropped to 51.
The updated Boca Raton infection count is now 568, the Boynton Beach number is 510, the Delray Beach infection count is at least 428.
The Florida percent positive rate — that’s our five day look at all of the tests conducted versus how many of those tests resulted in a “positive” response is now 7.96.
The Palm Beach County percent positive is just a notch higher at 7.98 percent.
Here is the Tampa Bay Times article.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday