BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Clerk of Courts Media Advisory Verbatim) — Getting a marriage license from the Clerk & Comptroller, Palm Beach County, no longer requires a trip to the courthouse.
Couples applying for a marriage license don’t have to leave their home – getting a license is as simple as visiting www.mypalmbeachclerk.com, completing the marriage license application, submitting required documentation for their identification check, and participating in a video conference.
Under Florida law, it is an official duty of the Clerk to issue marriage licenses and verify a couple’s identification. The Clerk & Comptroller’s virtual system will now provide couples with an electronically notarized marriage license that eliminates in-person office visits.
Clerk & Comptroller Sharon R. Bock, Esq. explains this innovative service that saves couples time and travel costs. “The only place in Palm Beach County for couples to get a marriage license is our offices,” Clerk Bock said. “I’m proud that we are leveraging technology to give our couples options for getting their license from us.”
Couples will need to make sure that each participant has a laptop or tablet for the video conference. Also, a high-speed internet connection is strongly recommended. Smartphones are not recommended for this service.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects