Delray Police Officer Said Wound “So Deep.”
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident James McNeil remains in the Palm Beach County Jail after Delray Beach Police say he slashed his girlfriend with a razor blade.
We are not identifying the alleged vicim.
According to a police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Delray Beach Police responded to the 900 block fo SW 4th Street late Wednesday afternoon to find “a deep laceration in (the victim’s) shoulder.”
“The laceration was do deep, I could see (the victim’s) fatty layer. The victim also had a large laceration on her left forearm, a large laceration across her neck, two black eyes, and al laceration on the bridge of her nose. (She) advised she got into an argument with James and that he head butted her and cut her with the razor blade.”
Here’s what police say McNeill told them:
“Upon questioning McNeill, I observed a laceration on the right side of his neck. McNeill advised that he had found (the victim) wandering around the downtown area and advised she had already cut herself. McNeill advised that due to the fact that she had cut herself, he told her he too could cut himself and proceeded to cut his neck.”
Witnesses in the apartment complex, according to the police report, heard an altercation. At least one reported hearing McNeill and the victim arguing in the hours before police were called.
McNeill was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Wednesday evening. He is being held without bond. The official charge: “Aggravated batter, person uses a deadly weapon.”
There is no update as to the victim’s condition.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat