Multiple Reports In Delray Beach Community
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The West Delray community of “The Bridges” (Lyons Road, north of Clint Moore) is the scene of at least three car burglaries and a vehicle theft over the past day.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office reports that it is investigating vehicle burglaries and a theft on Gateway Bridge Drive and Little Falls Way — all filed on Thursday. The reports were logged in the first half of the day, it was not immediately clear when the alleged incidents occurred.
One report indicates a car was stolen.
The apparent burglaries and theft are notable as “The Bridges” has just one entrance and exit with roving security.
Many of the communities on Lyons Road, including Mizner Country Club, Stone Creek Ranch, Seven Bridges and Dakota had all be victimized — repeatedly — over the better part of 18 months. But police initiated a messaging campaign targeting folks moving into the area — largely from New York — to remind them that leaving keys in a car is a bad idea.
One of the campaigns, “WTF?!” or “Where’s The Fob?” subtly highlighted the issue of newcomers to the area believing that gated communities are immune from crime.
The messaging and increased security patrols helped mitigate the burglaries. Police, however, do not routinely patrol gated communities unless they have signed traffic enforcement agreements with Homeowners Associations.
Most of the communities on Lyons Road do not have those agreements in place.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach