Multiple Reports In Delray Beach Community
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The West Delray community of “The Bridges” (Lyons Road, north of Clint Moore) is the scene of at least three car burglaries and a vehicle theft over the past day.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office reports that it is investigating vehicle burglaries and a theft on Gateway Bridge Drive and Little Falls Way — all filed on Thursday. The reports were logged in the first half of the day, it was not immediately clear when the alleged incidents occurred.
One report indicates a car was stolen.
The apparent burglaries and theft are notable as “The Bridges” has just one entrance and exit with roving security.
Many of the communities on Lyons Road, including Mizner Country Club, Stone Creek Ranch, Seven Bridges and Dakota had all be victimized — repeatedly — over the better part of 18 months. But police initiated a messaging campaign targeting folks moving into the area — largely from New York — to remind them that leaving keys in a car is a bad idea.
One of the campaigns, “WTF?!” or “Where’s The Fob?” subtly highlighted the issue of newcomers to the area believing that gated communities are immune from crime.
The messaging and increased security patrols helped mitigate the burglaries. Police, however, do not routinely patrol gated communities unless they have signed traffic enforcement agreements with Homeowners Associations.
Most of the communities on Lyons Road do not have those agreements in place.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed