BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The scene above is the Friday mid-day scene on a beach in Boca Raton. Readers sending us their own version of photos like this one — courtesy of Boca Beach Cam — say there is a very real social distancing issue on the beach.
Groups are amassing. There are no lifeguards.
As we’ve reported, the City of Boca Raton is officially keeping Boca Raton “Beach Parks” closed until after Memorial Day. Beach Parks are home to bathrooms, parking lots and lifeguard stands.
All are officially closed.
There was no immediate word if concerned beachgoers have alerted law enforcement to what some consider to be a growing problem.
Boca Raton Police say they will respond to specific concerns and complaints.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN