BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The scene above is the Friday mid-day scene on a beach in Boca Raton. Readers sending us their own version of photos like this one — courtesy of Boca Beach Cam — say there is a very real social distancing issue on the beach.
Groups are amassing. There are no lifeguards.
As we’ve reported, the City of Boca Raton is officially keeping Boca Raton “Beach Parks” closed until after Memorial Day. Beach Parks are home to bathrooms, parking lots and lifeguard stands.
All are officially closed.
There was no immediate word if concerned beachgoers have alerted law enforcement to what some consider to be a growing problem.
Boca Raton Police say they will respond to specific concerns and complaints.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges