BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The scene above is the Friday mid-day scene on a beach in Boca Raton. Readers sending us their own version of photos like this one — courtesy of Boca Beach Cam — say there is a very real social distancing issue on the beach.
Groups are amassing. There are no lifeguards.
As we’ve reported, the City of Boca Raton is officially keeping Boca Raton “Beach Parks” closed until after Memorial Day. Beach Parks are home to bathrooms, parking lots and lifeguard stands.
All are officially closed.
There was no immediate word if concerned beachgoers have alerted law enforcement to what some consider to be a growing problem.
Boca Raton Police say they will respond to specific concerns and complaints.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman