BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The scene above is the Friday mid-day scene on a beach in Boca Raton. Readers sending us their own version of photos like this one — courtesy of Boca Beach Cam — say there is a very real social distancing issue on the beach.
Groups are amassing. There are no lifeguards.
As we’ve reported, the City of Boca Raton is officially keeping Boca Raton “Beach Parks” closed until after Memorial Day. Beach Parks are home to bathrooms, parking lots and lifeguard stands.
All are officially closed.
There was no immediate word if concerned beachgoers have alerted law enforcement to what some consider to be a growing problem.
Boca Raton Police say they will respond to specific concerns and complaints.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud