BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The scene above is the Friday mid-day scene on a beach in Boca Raton. Readers sending us their own version of photos like this one — courtesy of Boca Beach Cam — say there is a very real social distancing issue on the beach.
Groups are amassing. There are no lifeguards.
As we’ve reported, the City of Boca Raton is officially keeping Boca Raton “Beach Parks” closed until after Memorial Day. Beach Parks are home to bathrooms, parking lots and lifeguard stands.
All are officially closed.
There was no immediate word if concerned beachgoers have alerted law enforcement to what some consider to be a growing problem.
Boca Raton Police say they will respond to specific concerns and complaints.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT