BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — COVID-19 claimed the lives of 148 people in Florida over the past week. In just seven days: 148 empty seats at the dinner table. Parents perished. Children gone.
The deaths come two weeks after most of Florida initiated a “Phase One” reopening.
The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health reveal a Florida death count of 2,190. The infected count is at least 49,451.
In Palm Beach County, the death count has risen to 311. The infected count is now 5,077. Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 2,535 identify as male, 2,434 identify as female. There is no data for 10 of the infected.
By race in Palm Beach County: 957 identify as black, 2,430 identify as white, 658 identify as “other” and there is no data for 934.
By ethnicity: 1,448 identify as Hispanic, 2,509 identify as “non-hispanic,” there is no data for 1,022.
The hyper-local numbers show 586 infected in Boca Raton, 537 Boynton Beach infections and 447 infections in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections