BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’ve been reporting on the number of kids testing positive for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. Now we have a new metric that shows the child number is a legitimate number to consider.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 50. We were in the mid-50s in April. When the pandemic started — and it was believed to be a disease affecting the older — the median age was in the 70s and 80s.
The drop in median age comes two weeks after Palm Beach County moved to a “Phase One” reopening.
As we reported, there are now at least 5,072 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 311 deaths.
At least 1,021 people have been hospitalized in Palm Bach County since COVID-19 record keeping was initiated by Florida Department of Health officials.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising