BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’ve been reporting on the number of kids testing positive for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. Now we have a new metric that shows the child number is a legitimate number to consider.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 50. We were in the mid-50s in April. When the pandemic started — and it was believed to be a disease affecting the older — the median age was in the 70s and 80s.
The drop in median age comes two weeks after Palm Beach County moved to a “Phase One” reopening.
As we reported, there are now at least 5,072 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 311 deaths.
At least 1,021 people have been hospitalized in Palm Bach County since COVID-19 record keeping was initiated by Florida Department of Health officials.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections