DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SPREADSHEET ISOLATES AGE GROUPS
UPDATE 8:17A: Thanks to our readers, we confirmed that there was an alignment issue with a spreadsheet provided by the Department of Health. The adjusted numbers are now reflected, below.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com obtained a spreadsheet revealing the specific age groups of kids infected with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
This is a dramatic drill-down of the random sampling we reported Thursday.
By the numbers, at least 38 of people infected in Palm Beach County are between the ages of 0-4.
At least 80 of those infected in Palm Beach County are between the ages of 5 to 14.
At least 437 of those infected in Palm Beach County are between the ages of 15 and 24.
In total, at least 555 people infected in Palm Beach County are age 24 or under.
The infection numbers complicate the metric of summer camp, activities like gymnastics and child play centers, let alone reopening schools in August. Initially believed to be a virus targeting the older, the Palm Beach County numbers reflect a different reality.
Importantly, at least a portion of these infections occurred before Florida — and specifically Palm Beach County — moved to a “Phase One” reopening. These numbers may rise once children are reunited with children on beaches, by pools and in homes during “play dates” which parents are anxious to restart.
BocaNewsNow.com will update these numbers as the summer progresses.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots