DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SPREADSHEET ISOLATES AGE GROUPS
UPDATE 8:17A: Thanks to our readers, we confirmed that there was an alignment issue with a spreadsheet provided by the Department of Health. The adjusted numbers are now reflected, below.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com obtained a spreadsheet revealing the specific age groups of kids infected with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
This is a dramatic drill-down of the random sampling we reported Thursday.
By the numbers, at least 38 of people infected in Palm Beach County are between the ages of 0-4.
At least 80 of those infected in Palm Beach County are between the ages of 5 to 14.
At least 437 of those infected in Palm Beach County are between the ages of 15 and 24.
In total, at least 555 people infected in Palm Beach County are age 24 or under.
The infection numbers complicate the metric of summer camp, activities like gymnastics and child play centers, let alone reopening schools in August. Initially believed to be a virus targeting the older, the Palm Beach County numbers reflect a different reality.
Importantly, at least a portion of these infections occurred before Florida — and specifically Palm Beach County — moved to a “Phase One” reopening. These numbers may rise once children are reunited with children on beaches, by pools and in homes during “play dates” which parents are anxious to restart.
BocaNewsNow.com will update these numbers as the summer progresses.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical
- Boynton Beach Man Arrested In Maryland For Local Murder
- Florida Hospital Available Capacity Now Under 25 Percent