BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are hearing from several homeowner associations and “country clubs” in South Palm Beach County that they are concerned about “rule breaking” over the Memorial Day weekend holiday.
The fear: violating rules and orders in place will spread COVID-19.
While HOA and country club swimming pools and tennis courts are now operational, many communities in Boynton Beach, Boca Raton and Delray Beach have strict rules in place, including a ban on non-resident guests utilizing facilities, limits on the number of people permitted in or near a swimming pool, and significant restrictions on use of tennis courts.
Palm Beach County continues to mandate adherence to pool and tennis court guidelines which include locker room restrictions and social distancing on pool decks.
We have been contacted by several HOA leaders who tell us that they are concerned that homeowners who are tired of following rules will, in the words of one leader, “do whatever they want to do.”
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw has previously stated that deputies will warn — and if needed, arrest — violators of executive orders.
Bradshaw’s PBSO announced Thursday that all islands, sandbars and shorelines are closed.
While Palm Beach County has officially opened its beaches, the City of Boca Raton is keeping its “beach parks” closed — that means no bathrooms, lifeguards or parking. In Delray Beach, the City has strict rules in place which be read here.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck