BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are hearing from several homeowner associations and “country clubs” in South Palm Beach County that they are concerned about “rule breaking” over the Memorial Day weekend holiday.
The fear: violating rules and orders in place will spread COVID-19.
While HOA and country club swimming pools and tennis courts are now operational, many communities in Boynton Beach, Boca Raton and Delray Beach have strict rules in place, including a ban on non-resident guests utilizing facilities, limits on the number of people permitted in or near a swimming pool, and significant restrictions on use of tennis courts.
Palm Beach County continues to mandate adherence to pool and tennis court guidelines which include locker room restrictions and social distancing on pool decks.
We have been contacted by several HOA leaders who tell us that they are concerned that homeowners who are tired of following rules will, in the words of one leader, “do whatever they want to do.”
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw has previously stated that deputies will warn — and if needed, arrest — violators of executive orders.
Bradshaw’s PBSO announced Thursday that all islands, sandbars and shorelines are closed.
While Palm Beach County has officially opened its beaches, the City of Boca Raton is keeping its “beach parks” closed — that means no bathrooms, lifeguards or parking. In Delray Beach, the City has strict rules in place which be read here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections