BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The infection and death numbers in Florida as the Memorial Day weekend begins are on the rise. More than 50,000 are confirmed positive for COVID-19, according to the just-released report from the Florida Department of Health.
By the numbers: At least 50,127 people in Florida are infected with COVID-19. The death count is at least 2,232. At least 760 additional positive tests were logged on Friday. The percent positive rate through Friday was not yet available mid-day Saturday. That’s the number that compares “positive” tests to the number of tests logged and provides context to new case spikes. We will update once it’s released.
In Palm Beach County, at least 5,140 have tested positive. The death count is now 315. There have been at least 1,068 hospitalizations related to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 2,572 now identify as male, 2,465 identify as female, 11 are “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, 592 are confirmed positive for COVID-19, Delray Beach reports 452, Boynton Beach reports 542.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton