BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The infection and death numbers in Florida as the Memorial Day weekend begins are on the rise. More than 50,000 are confirmed positive for COVID-19, according to the just-released report from the Florida Department of Health.
By the numbers: At least 50,127 people in Florida are infected with COVID-19. The death count is at least 2,232. At least 760 additional positive tests were logged on Friday. The percent positive rate through Friday was not yet available mid-day Saturday. That’s the number that compares “positive” tests to the number of tests logged and provides context to new case spikes. We will update once it’s released.
In Palm Beach County, at least 5,140 have tested positive. The death count is now 315. There have been at least 1,068 hospitalizations related to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 2,572 now identify as male, 2,465 identify as female, 11 are “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, 592 are confirmed positive for COVID-19, Delray Beach reports 452, Boynton Beach reports 542.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area