BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The infection and death numbers in Florida as the Memorial Day weekend begins are on the rise. More than 50,000 are confirmed positive for COVID-19, according to the just-released report from the Florida Department of Health.
By the numbers: At least 50,127 people in Florida are infected with COVID-19. The death count is at least 2,232. At least 760 additional positive tests were logged on Friday. The percent positive rate through Friday was not yet available mid-day Saturday. That’s the number that compares “positive” tests to the number of tests logged and provides context to new case spikes. We will update once it’s released.
In Palm Beach County, at least 5,140 have tested positive. The death count is now 315. There have been at least 1,068 hospitalizations related to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 2,572 now identify as male, 2,465 identify as female, 11 are “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, 592 are confirmed positive for COVID-19, Delray Beach reports 452, Boynton Beach reports 542.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days