BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t traditionally run non-Hurricane weather advisories, but note the expectation of significant weather tonight (Sunday) through Memorial Day.
From the National Weather Service:
This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida. .DAY ONE…TONIGHT Flooding: Torrential rainfall may be possible in the strongest storms, which will lead to possible flooding of poor drainage areas, small streams, creeks, and canals. A Flood Watch is in effect for much of the area. Rip Currents: There is a high risk of rip currents along the Atlantic beaches.
Thunderstorms: A few strong storms are possible with gusty winds and lightning. An isolated severe storm could also occur, with a brief tornado possible. Wind: Winds could gust to 60 mph in the strongest thunderstorms especially across southern areas.
Winds over the Atlantic and Gulf waters will be sustained around 20 knots with higher gusts tonight. A Small Craft Advisory will be in effect for the Atlantic and Gulf waters tonight. Tornado: A brief tornado is possible with the strongest thunderstorms tonight. Waterspouts: There is a slight chance of waterspouts over the local waters tonight. .
DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY Flooding is possible through at least Memorial Day, especially for the east coast and gulf coast metro areas. Thunderstorms are possible through early next week. Gusty winds, frequent lightning, waterspouts, and a brief tornado are possible. The threat of rip currents for the Atlantic beaches will continue through Memorial Day as winds stay out of the east.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida