BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County “percent positive” rate is the highest it’s been since May 22nd. It is a potentially ominous sign as some fear that Palm Beach County residents aren’t following CDC guidelines — leading to increased spread of COVID-19.
By the numbers: all test logged on May 22nd, May 23rd and May 24th yielded a five percent positive rate in Palm Beach County. On May 25th that jumped to 5.7 percent. On May 26th it dropped to 3.7 percent, but that may have been an anomaly. It increased on May 27th to 5.9 percent.
The “percent positive” rate is an important number. Instead of showing how many people tested positive — which can increase or decrease depending on the number of tests given — it show the percent of tests given that revealed a positive result.
Whether or not the increase is no big deal or part of a larger trend remains to be seen. However, we are now at a point where those out and about once Palm Beach County moved to a “full phase one” would conceivably be showing signs of exposure.
Statewide, there are now at least 53,285 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 2,364.
In Palm Beach County, at least 5,541 are now positive for COVID-19, with a death count of 327.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected