MORE THAN 1200 NEW POSITIVE TESTS IN FLORIDA ON THURSDAY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 230 new cases of COVID-19 were logged in Palm Beach County on Thursday as the percent positive rate rose again to its highest level in 7 days.
The Palm Beach County percent positive rate Thursday was 6.2 percent. It was 5.8 on Wednesday, 3.7 on Tuesday, 5.7 on Monday, 4.9 on Sunday, and 5.0 for the two days prior. The percent positive — simply put — shows the portion of all tests logged that are positive.
The rising percent positive rate in Palm Beach County suggests community spread continues.
Statewide, more than 1200 positive cases were logged on Thursday. The total count in Florida is now 54,496. the death count is 2,413.
In Palm Beach County, 5,765 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count in Palm beach County is now 335.
In Boca Raton, the positive count is now 610. In Delray Beach it’s 474. In Boynton it’s 578.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic