PALM BEACH COUNTY PERCENT POSITIVE RATE NOW IN DOUBLE DIGITS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The percent positive rate is now at its highest level in Florida since at least May 15th. The Florida Department of Health reports an 8.33 percent positive rate as of May 29th (Friday), the last full day with complete results.
Worse, the percent positive in Palm Beach County has skyrocketed to 10.0 percent. It was 4.8 percent just a week ago.
The “percent positive” rate is a significant indicator of community spread. It has nothing to do with how many tests are conducted or logged, but represents the percentage of all tests that resulted in a “positive” confirmation for COVID-19.
In Florida, the percent positive on May 16th was 7.92 percent. From that point forward, it largely dropped until May 25th, when it initiated an upward climb through the 4s and 5’s to today’s announcement of 8.33 percent.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive was as low as 1.5-percent on may 19th. It too has steadily moved through single digits to today’s confirmation of 10 percent.
The numbers are meaningful as both trends initiated the upward climb after first Florida, and then Palm Beach County, moved to a “full phase one” reopening.
Statewide, at least 55,424 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida as of Saturday’s data released. The death count is now 2,447.
In Palm Beach County, at least 5,898 are now confirmed positive for COVID-19. The death count is 337.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen