PALM BEACH COUNTY PERCENT POSITIVE RATE NOW IN DOUBLE DIGITS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The percent positive rate is now at its highest level in Florida since at least May 15th. The Florida Department of Health reports an 8.33 percent positive rate as of May 29th (Friday), the last full day with complete results.
Worse, the percent positive in Palm Beach County has skyrocketed to 10.0 percent. It was 4.8 percent just a week ago.
The “percent positive” rate is a significant indicator of community spread. It has nothing to do with how many tests are conducted or logged, but represents the percentage of all tests that resulted in a “positive” confirmation for COVID-19.
In Florida, the percent positive on May 16th was 7.92 percent. From that point forward, it largely dropped until May 25th, when it initiated an upward climb through the 4s and 5’s to today’s announcement of 8.33 percent.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive was as low as 1.5-percent on may 19th. It too has steadily moved through single digits to today’s confirmation of 10 percent.
The numbers are meaningful as both trends initiated the upward climb after first Florida, and then Palm Beach County, moved to a “full phase one” reopening.
Statewide, at least 55,424 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida as of Saturday’s data released. The death count is now 2,447.
In Palm Beach County, at least 5,898 are now confirmed positive for COVID-19. The death count is 337.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud