MIAMI, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Miami-Dade Police) We are publishing this announcement as a public service for any of our readers planning to head to a Miami-Dade County Beach on Monday.
The following announcement was just made by Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez (5 p.m. Sunday, May 31st, 2020):
Following the unrest associated with protests in our community, I have decided to postpone the reopening of beaches in Miami-Dade County, originally scheduled for Monday, June 1st. The beaches will remain closed until the curfew order is lifted. Apartment pools, condominium pools, and other private community pools managed by homeowners associations may still open as planned. In addition, the pools at the following Miami-Dade Parks will reopen: Goulds Park, A.D. Barnes Park and Oak Grove Park. Hotels will also be able to expand accommodations.
In addition, I will be updating the emergency order to extend the hours of the curfew from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., effective Sunday, May 31st, until the order is lifted. Cities can have stricter rules. For instance, the City of Miami curfew begins at 8 p.m.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police