As Florida Heads To Phase Two, Palm Beach County Hits 10.5 Percent Positive Rate, Excluded From Phase Two For Now
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There seems to be a problem in Palm Beach County.
As we have been reporting for several days, while much of Florida is showing a lower “percent positive” rate, Palm Beach County is climbing. The just released numbers from Tuesday show a 10.5% positive rate — that is the highest in at least two weeks and significantly higher than the state as a whole.
Over the past 5 days, Palm Beach County has logged:
The percent positive rate is somewhat self-explanatory. It’s the percent of all the tests logged that are positive for COVID-19. A growing number suggests community spread.
The five day percent positive rate in Palm Beach County is now 8.58.
The five day percent positive in all of Florida is 6.56.
The percent positive numbers come as Florida hits 58,764 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 2,566 deaths. The state logged 1,237 new cases on June 2nd.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 6,477 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 359 deaths.
In Boca Raton, 651 cases are now on the books, 512 in Delray Beach, and 648 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested