UPDATE: 11:37 a.m. June 3, 2020 (Courtesy Boca Raton Fire Rescue) — At approx. 11:45 PM Tuesday night, a Semi-truck (car carrier) heading South bound on I-95 hit the center wall, between Yamato Rd and Glades Rd, causing the vehicle to become fully-involved in flames. BRFD Units arrived and were able to extinguish the fire and mitigate all hazards.
The were no injuries and no other vehicles involved in the incident. Multiple lanes of 95 were shut down in both directions for an extended period of time for operational safety and clean up. Scene was turned over to Florida Highway Patrol. The cause of the accident falls under FHP.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting details from FHP, but take a look at the crash and resulting fire on I-95 overnight near the Boca Raton airport.
We thank one of our readers who sent the video.
It is unclear at this point if there were injuries. The specific location was I-95 Southbound in the area of Spanish River.
Check back for details… we’ll update once we hear back from Florida Highway Patrol.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic