UPDATE: 8:32 p.m FHP TELLS US THAT ALL LANES NORTH AND SOUTH ON I-95 IN MIAMI ARE SHUT DUE TO PROTESTORS. AREA OF JULIA TUTTLE CAUSEWAY. CHECK FLORIDA511 FOR REAL-TIME UPDATES.
MIAMI, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Massive protest across Miami-Dade County have led Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez to reinstate the county-wide curfew that was in the process of being relaxed.
Minutes ago, Gimenez issued this statement:
“Due to increasing unrest in parts of Miami-Dade County, I’ve ordered the curfew time to be moved back up to 10 p.m. effective tonight, Friday, June 5, 2020 until further notice.”
That means beaches — which have not yet reopened — remain closed until further notice. Everyone not out and about with a legitimate reason after 10 p.m. in Miami-Dade County faces arrest.
While not directly impacting Palm Beach County, be advised that if you are heading to Miami this evening, you now face arrest if you are not an essential worker.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake