BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The school year has been over just a week but it’s only 9 weeks or so until the new school year starts.
At least on paper.
As COVID-19 continues to play out in Florida, there is no definitive answer yet as to when school will truly start, and what form it will take. Administrators speaking with BocaNewsNow.com suggest that that at a minimum distance learning will continue, possibly with an in-person option. But teachers are largely unexcited about being in a classroom where they have to play “hall monitor” to kids being forced to wear facial coverings, and many parents contacting BocaNewsNow.com say they will not send their kids to school until COVID-19 is under control.
The school district is expected to make a formal announcement about the new school year by July 10th. School start August 10th.
From the Palm Beach County School District:
The School District of Palm Beach County has launched a survey to collect feedback from parents and guardians pertaining to the reopening of schools.
The survey is available in English, Spanish, Haitian-Creole, and Portuguese and can be accessed online by parents and guardians using this link:
To view the complete survey click here (English version only).
Parents and guardians will have until Wednesday, June 17, 2020 to complete the survey.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students