BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are constantly amazed by the commentary we receive when executive orders are issued, like the executive order issued Friday requiring facial covering use in Palm Beach County while in Government buildings, and in supermarkets and pharmacies when social distancing isn’t possible.
The orders are designed to keep other people safe from you. Even protestors across the area, engaged in demonstrations over the past several days, have by and large been seen wearing facial coverings.
But don’t tell that to an emailer this morning by the name of “Steve.” Steve suggests that the media and county leaders are committing a crime — practicing medicine without a license — by issuing or reporting on the executive order.
Here is part of the email:
“Spreading malicious propaganda through an executive order by an elected official or bureaucratic administrator demanding that the population of Palm Beach County wear facial coverings for prolonged time periods is criminally liable for practicing medicine without a license. Thus, causing verifiable physical harm to all the residence of Palm Beach County, Florida.”
While citizens like Steve write emails like the one above, Palm Beach County logged its highest “percent positive” rates in more than a month over the past week — at one point hitting 10.5-percent.
That is an indicator of community spread.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT