BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is increasing national attention on the soaring COVID-19 infection numbers coming out of Florida and, specifically, Palm Beach County.
In the just-out update for Thursday, what seems to be a record-setting increase in cases — 1,677 — was logged by the Florida Department of Health for the State of Florida. Numbers are a released a day after they are recorded. The 1,677 cases released on Thursday were recorded on Wednesday.
In Palm Beach County, nearly 200 new cases were logged on Wednesday, bringing the seven day total to roughly 1,239.
Of significant concern: the Percent Positive rate which soared again to 10.6 percent on Wednesday. That too is a record which was previously hit on June 2nd.
Governor Ron DeSantis continues to be unwilling to permit Palm Beach County to move to “phase 2” reopening. These numbers could be the reason why. He has stated that county continues to have a problem with facial coverings — many people in Palm Beach County just won’t wear them.
There are now 69,069 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 2,848 deaths. There are 7,887 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 407 deaths. At least 1383 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with COVID-19 related issues.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake