BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is increasing national attention on the soaring COVID-19 infection numbers coming out of Florida and, specifically, Palm Beach County.
In the just-out update for Thursday, what seems to be a record-setting increase in cases — 1,677 — was logged by the Florida Department of Health for the State of Florida. Numbers are a released a day after they are recorded. The 1,677 cases released on Thursday were recorded on Wednesday.
In Palm Beach County, nearly 200 new cases were logged on Wednesday, bringing the seven day total to roughly 1,239.
Of significant concern: the Percent Positive rate which soared again to 10.6 percent on Wednesday. That too is a record which was previously hit on June 2nd.
Governor Ron DeSantis continues to be unwilling to permit Palm Beach County to move to “phase 2” reopening. These numbers could be the reason why. He has stated that county continues to have a problem with facial coverings — many people in Palm Beach County just won’t wear them.
There are now 69,069 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 2,848 deaths. There are 7,887 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 407 deaths. At least 1383 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with COVID-19 related issues.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools