POLICE: Man Was Driving Passenger By Ex-Boyfriend’s Home
Town Of Palm Beach Remains Under COVID-19 Curfew
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delray Beach man was jailed Thursday for violating a COVID-19 curfew in the Town of Palm Beach.
It is the first curfew arrest that we have seen recorded in the Palm Beach County Jail records.
Ariel Gutierrez, according to the arrest report, was driving a passenger in the 2700 block of South Ocean Blvd. in Palm Beach around 1 a.m. Thursday. Police stopped Gutierrez who said he was just driving a passenger who requested to be in the area.
The Town of Palm Beach remains under a midnight to 6 a.m. curfew due to COVID-19. The curfew only permits medical and “town ID” holders to be on Palm Beach streets during the curfew hours.
Gutierrez was arrested and charged with “violation of an emergency order.” He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail where he was released several hours later on his own recognizance. A court date is pending. It is unclear whether he was driving for a “ride share” service at the time of his arrest.
The passenger, incidentally, told police that she was “driving by her ex-boyfriend’s house due to being upset about the recent break-up.”
Gutierrez lists the 400 block fo SE 1st Avenue in Delray Beach as his home address.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested