BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Advisory Verbatim) — Palm Beach County has submitted a safety plan to the state that that has been approved for the opening of Vacation and Short Term Rentals. It was our hope to begin the opening on June 15th; however, data over the past few days has shown some increases in hospitalization, some increases in percentage of new COVID-19 cases over the past weeks, and a bump in influenza-like illnesses in our emergency rooms. We have had some conversations with the state, including the Florida Surgeon General, about this data and we think it would be prudent to move a little more cautiously on the opening of Vacation Rentals, delaying the issuance of the emergency order that would allow for the reopening of these types of rentals.
We plan to monitor the health data over the next few days and make a future announcement about the best date to open vacation rentals. We are hopeful the data will improve and we can move forward, and we appreciate the cooperation of the business community as we try to continue to safely and cautiously reopen Palm Beach County.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected