BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Advisory Verbatim) — Palm Beach County has submitted a safety plan to the state that that has been approved for the opening of Vacation and Short Term Rentals. It was our hope to begin the opening on June 15th; however, data over the past few days has shown some increases in hospitalization, some increases in percentage of new COVID-19 cases over the past weeks, and a bump in influenza-like illnesses in our emergency rooms. We have had some conversations with the state, including the Florida Surgeon General, about this data and we think it would be prudent to move a little more cautiously on the opening of Vacation Rentals, delaying the issuance of the emergency order that would allow for the reopening of these types of rentals.
We plan to monitor the health data over the next few days and make a future announcement about the best date to open vacation rentals. We are hopeful the data will improve and we can move forward, and we appreciate the cooperation of the business community as we try to continue to safely and cautiously reopen Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days