BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County is having a problem getting COVID-19 under control. It is so bad, Dr. Alina Alonso, director of the Palm Beach County Health Department, publicly stated: “It is not contained in any way, shape or form.”
As of Saturday, the percent positive in Palm Beach County was back up to 10.2 percent. Simply put, of all the tests logged on Friday (and released on Saturday), 10.2 percent were positive. That’s among the highest recorded, but on par with the ascending numbers released over the past several days.
June 6, 2020: 5.0 percent
June 7: 6.8 percent
June 8: 7.0 percent
June 9: 9.6 percent
June 10: 10.6 percent
June 11: 8.5 percent
June 12: 10.2 percent
Despite the increasing numbers, Palm Beach County officials believe they will have permission from Gov. Ron DeSantis to move to a limited “phase 2” reopening soon — that will allow increased capacity in restaurants and other facilities.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates