ICU Beds Available As Infection Counts Soar In Florida
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A stunning 2,170 additional tests have come back positive for COVID-19 in Florida, bringing the seven day total to a whopping 11,226 statewide, according to the Florida Department of Health.
The official DOH case count for Florida now stands at 75,568 with 2,931 deaths.
The Rebekah Jones report, however, puts the Florida positive count at 83,720 with a death count of 3,022.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Jones also reports information that Florida’s Department of Health has not been reporting, including the number of “recovered” patients. That number sits at 21,963 over the past six weeks. She reports there are 1,578 available ICU beds in the state — data that Florida has not been reporting.
In Palm Beach County, the official count syncs with Jones. It’s 8,883 confirmed cases as of mid-day Sunday. Jones reports 22 percent of those infected were admitted to a hospital. 31 percent of those hospitalized in Palm Beach County have died.
Palm Beach County, according to the Jones dashboard, currently has 84 open ICU beds (real time — as of 2:50 p.m. Sunday). There are 13 ICU beds available at Boca Raton Regional, 18 ICU beds available at Delray Medical Center, and 4 adult ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat