ICU Beds Available As Infection Counts Soar In Florida
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A stunning 2,170 additional tests have come back positive for COVID-19 in Florida, bringing the seven day total to a whopping 11,226 statewide, according to the Florida Department of Health.
The official DOH case count for Florida now stands at 75,568 with 2,931 deaths.
The Rebekah Jones report, however, puts the Florida positive count at 83,720 with a death count of 3,022.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Jones also reports information that Florida’s Department of Health has not been reporting, including the number of “recovered” patients. That number sits at 21,963 over the past six weeks. She reports there are 1,578 available ICU beds in the state — data that Florida has not been reporting.
In Palm Beach County, the official count syncs with Jones. It’s 8,883 confirmed cases as of mid-day Sunday. Jones reports 22 percent of those infected were admitted to a hospital. 31 percent of those hospitalized in Palm Beach County have died.
Palm Beach County, according to the Jones dashboard, currently has 84 open ICU beds (real time — as of 2:50 p.m. Sunday). There are 13 ICU beds available at Boca Raton Regional, 18 ICU beds available at Delray Medical Center, and 4 adult ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida