BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Thanks to the Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard created by Rebekah Jones, we are able to update the area ICU bed count in Palm Beach County.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
According to Jones, there are currently (as of 12:40 p.m. Monday) 95 available ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
Here’s the list:
Bethesda Hospital East: 17 adult ICU beds, 3 pediatric ICU beds, 13 isolation beds.
Bethesda Hospital West: 2 adult ICU Beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 16 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Delray Medical CenteR: 26 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 0 isolation beds.
West Boca Medical Center: 3 adult ICU beds, 4 pediatric ICU beds, 9 isolation beds.
We are NOT routinely reporting the “total number of hospital” beds available as that is a largely meaningless number in terms of COVID-19. Regular beds are traditionally for non-respirator-needing/intensive care required conditions.
See the complete Rebekah Jones dashboard, being cited nationally, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT