BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Thanks to the Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard created by Rebekah Jones, we are able to update the area ICU bed count in Palm Beach County.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
According to Jones, there are currently (as of 12:40 p.m. Monday) 95 available ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
Here’s the list:
Bethesda Hospital East: 17 adult ICU beds, 3 pediatric ICU beds, 13 isolation beds.
Bethesda Hospital West: 2 adult ICU Beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 16 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Delray Medical CenteR: 26 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 0 isolation beds.
West Boca Medical Center: 3 adult ICU beds, 4 pediatric ICU beds, 9 isolation beds.
We are NOT routinely reporting the “total number of hospital” beds available as that is a largely meaningless number in terms of COVID-19. Regular beds are traditionally for non-respirator-needing/intensive care required conditions.
See the complete Rebekah Jones dashboard, being cited nationally, here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official