BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Thanks to the Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard created by Rebekah Jones, we are able to update the area ICU bed count in Palm Beach County.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
According to Jones, there are currently (as of 12:40 p.m. Monday) 95 available ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
Here’s the list:
Bethesda Hospital East: 17 adult ICU beds, 3 pediatric ICU beds, 13 isolation beds.
Bethesda Hospital West: 2 adult ICU Beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 16 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Delray Medical CenteR: 26 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 0 isolation beds.
West Boca Medical Center: 3 adult ICU beds, 4 pediatric ICU beds, 9 isolation beds.
We are NOT routinely reporting the “total number of hospital” beds available as that is a largely meaningless number in terms of COVID-19. Regular beds are traditionally for non-respirator-needing/intensive care required conditions.
See the complete Rebekah Jones dashboard, being cited nationally, here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident
- OUT: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday