BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Thanks to the Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard created by Rebekah Jones, we are able to update the area ICU bed count in Palm Beach County.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
According to Jones, there are currently (as of 12:40 p.m. Monday) 95 available ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
Here’s the list:
Bethesda Hospital East: 17 adult ICU beds, 3 pediatric ICU beds, 13 isolation beds.
Bethesda Hospital West: 2 adult ICU Beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 16 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 6 isolation beds.
Delray Medical CenteR: 26 adult ICU beds, 0 pediatric ICU beds, 0 isolation beds.
West Boca Medical Center: 3 adult ICU beds, 4 pediatric ICU beds, 9 isolation beds.
We are NOT routinely reporting the “total number of hospital” beds available as that is a largely meaningless number in terms of COVID-19. Regular beds are traditionally for non-respirator-needing/intensive care required conditions.
See the complete Rebekah Jones dashboard, being cited nationally, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed