FINES APPROVED FOR FACE MASK VIOLATORS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As the Palm Beach County Commission is set to consider mandating facial coverings in all public buildings, Monroe County has already put an order in place. Violators are now subject to a $500 fine.
Monroe County includes the Florida Keys and Key West, although Key West does have the authority to create its own rule.
Here’s the language:
The Monroe County Board of County Commissioners has voted to make facial coverings mandatory throughout Monroe County, effective immediately.
Facial coverings over the nose and mouth must be worn in business establishments and other public settings where there is a roof overhead. The ordinance applies to employees and customers. The ordinance contains exceptions when face coverings may be removed while seated to eat and drink in a restaurant or bar and while exercising in a gym if at least six feet away from other people. The City of Key West and other municipalities may adopt ordinances with different requirements.
A covering over the nose and mouth may include a face mask, homemade mask, or other cloth, silk, or linen covering, such as a scarf, bandana, handkerchief, or other similar cloth covering. Medical and surgical face masks, such as “N95” masks, should be reserved for health care personnel and other first responders with the greatest need for such personal protective equipment. Children 6 years old or younger are not required to wear a mask.
You can read the entire order on the Monroe County government website, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home