FINES APPROVED FOR FACE MASK VIOLATORS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As the Palm Beach County Commission is set to consider mandating facial coverings in all public buildings, Monroe County has already put an order in place. Violators are now subject to a $500 fine.
Monroe County includes the Florida Keys and Key West, although Key West does have the authority to create its own rule.
Here’s the language:
The Monroe County Board of County Commissioners has voted to make facial coverings mandatory throughout Monroe County, effective immediately.
Facial coverings over the nose and mouth must be worn in business establishments and other public settings where there is a roof overhead. The ordinance applies to employees and customers. The ordinance contains exceptions when face coverings may be removed while seated to eat and drink in a restaurant or bar and while exercising in a gym if at least six feet away from other people. The City of Key West and other municipalities may adopt ordinances with different requirements.
A covering over the nose and mouth may include a face mask, homemade mask, or other cloth, silk, or linen covering, such as a scarf, bandana, handkerchief, or other similar cloth covering. Medical and surgical face masks, such as “N95” masks, should be reserved for health care personnel and other first responders with the greatest need for such personal protective equipment. Children 6 years old or younger are not required to wear a mask.
You can read the entire order on the Monroe County government website, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police