FINES, BUSINESS LICENSE REVOCATION, MORE POSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH EXECUTIVE ORDERS.
COMMISSION TO VOTE ON MANDATORY FACIAL COVERINGS, “PERHAPS TIME TO MAKE COURSE CORRECTION.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County is days away from what seems to be the implementation of a mandatory mask policy.
County Commissioners Friday afternoon announced the worsening COVID-19 situation in the County and called out businesses and people who refuse to comply with orders.
Mayor Dave Kerner, flanked by other commissioners and PBSO, announced the creation of the COVID Education and Compliance Team. As it sounds, the team will first strongly suggest that you do what you’re supposed to do, then will move into compliance mode.
“There will be an enforcement aspect,” said Kerner. “We will utilize the full power of the law. We will pull licenses. And in rare occurrence criminal prosecution. Compliance isn’t suggested, it’s required. We know there are a few bad actors there.”
The team will include law enforcement from agencies countywide, including those in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach.
Rep. Lois Frankel (D) announced that she — and other bipartisan leaders in the area — sent a letter to County Commissioners earlier this week asking them to mandate facial coverings in public buildings in Palm Beach County. Commissioners will vote on that over the next several days.
“Perhaps it is time to make a course correction,” said Kerner.
Dr. Alina Alonso, the Director of Florida Department of Health for Palm Beach County said the dramatic increase in cases in Palm Beach County is the fault of people who aren’t following the rules.
“The virus is thriving. When everyone was on lockdown, the virus didn’t have anyone to jump on. our positivity went down. As we opened and people started feeling better… then the virus has more people to attack and to make positive. That is what is going on. It is a very strong virus.”
“Isn’t it sad that we have to send out law enforcement when we ask people to do something very simple. I was at a market today and only 30 percent of the people were wearing masks. This is not about freedom versus non freedom. For businesses to be successful and stay open people have to be healthy.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested