WILTON MANORS, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward Sheriff’s Office Media Advisory Verbatim) — When Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives attempted to take an armed subject into custody, the encounter resulted in an exchange of gunfire. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the deputy-involved shooting that occurred Friday afternoon.
At approximately 2:30 p.m., detectives with BSO’s Crime Suppression Team from the Deerfield Beach district attempted to apprehend the armed male in reference to a narcotics investigation. The shooting occurred behind a rehabilitation center in the 2600 block of North Andrews Avenue in Wilton Manors.
The subject was transported to Broward Health Medical Center. No deputies were injured, and no other injuries were reported. Per BSO policy, the two deputies who fired their weapons have been placed on administrative assignment pending further investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?