WILTON MANORS, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward Sheriff’s Office Media Advisory Verbatim) — When Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives attempted to take an armed subject into custody, the encounter resulted in an exchange of gunfire. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the deputy-involved shooting that occurred Friday afternoon.
At approximately 2:30 p.m., detectives with BSO’s Crime Suppression Team from the Deerfield Beach district attempted to apprehend the armed male in reference to a narcotics investigation. The shooting occurred behind a rehabilitation center in the 2600 block of North Andrews Avenue in Wilton Manors.
The subject was transported to Broward Health Medical Center. No deputies were injured, and no other injuries were reported. Per BSO policy, the two deputies who fired their weapons have been placed on administrative assignment pending further investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients