WILTON MANORS, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward Sheriff’s Office Media Advisory Verbatim) — When Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives attempted to take an armed subject into custody, the encounter resulted in an exchange of gunfire. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the deputy-involved shooting that occurred Friday afternoon.
At approximately 2:30 p.m., detectives with BSO’s Crime Suppression Team from the Deerfield Beach district attempted to apprehend the armed male in reference to a narcotics investigation. The shooting occurred behind a rehabilitation center in the 2600 block of North Andrews Avenue in Wilton Manors.
The subject was transported to Broward Health Medical Center. No deputies were injured, and no other injuries were reported. Per BSO policy, the two deputies who fired their weapons have been placed on administrative assignment pending further investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens