WILTON MANORS, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward Sheriff’s Office Media Advisory Verbatim) — When Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives attempted to take an armed subject into custody, the encounter resulted in an exchange of gunfire. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the deputy-involved shooting that occurred Friday afternoon.
At approximately 2:30 p.m., detectives with BSO’s Crime Suppression Team from the Deerfield Beach district attempted to apprehend the armed male in reference to a narcotics investigation. The shooting occurred behind a rehabilitation center in the 2600 block of North Andrews Avenue in Wilton Manors.
The subject was transported to Broward Health Medical Center. No deputies were injured, and no other injuries were reported. Per BSO policy, the two deputies who fired their weapons have been placed on administrative assignment pending further investigation.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier