BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With thanks to our friends at WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 in NYC (link below), Floridians heading to New York may find themselves facing a mandatory quarantine.
With New York COVID-19 numbers falling and Florida’s dramatically rising, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he is considering a mandatory quarantine of Floridians heading into the Empire State.
“Talk about a full 180,” Cuomo said, according to WCBS NewsRadio 880. “For those people who don’t remember back to day one, Florida and other states imposed a quarantine on New Yorkers. If you went to Florida, you had to quarantine for two weeks because they were afraid that New Yorkers were bringing the virus to their state. Fast forward, 100 days, now we’re afraid they’re bringing the virus to our state.”
There is no quarantine in effect currently for Floridians heading to New York, but the mandatory quarantine does continue for travelers heading southbound. With a few exceptions, anyone traveling into Florida from Connecticut, NY and New Jersey must quarantine for 14 days.
LINK to WCBS NewsRadio 880.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW