BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With thanks to our friends at WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 in NYC (link below), Floridians heading to New York may find themselves facing a mandatory quarantine.
With New York COVID-19 numbers falling and Florida’s dramatically rising, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he is considering a mandatory quarantine of Floridians heading into the Empire State.
“Talk about a full 180,” Cuomo said, according to WCBS NewsRadio 880. “For those people who don’t remember back to day one, Florida and other states imposed a quarantine on New Yorkers. If you went to Florida, you had to quarantine for two weeks because they were afraid that New Yorkers were bringing the virus to their state. Fast forward, 100 days, now we’re afraid they’re bringing the virus to our state.”
There is no quarantine in effect currently for Floridians heading to New York, but the mandatory quarantine does continue for travelers heading southbound. With a few exceptions, anyone traveling into Florida from Connecticut, NY and New Jersey must quarantine for 14 days.
LINK to WCBS NewsRadio 880.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail