BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With thanks to our friends at WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 in NYC (link below), Floridians heading to New York may find themselves facing a mandatory quarantine.
With New York COVID-19 numbers falling and Florida’s dramatically rising, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he is considering a mandatory quarantine of Floridians heading into the Empire State.
“Talk about a full 180,” Cuomo said, according to WCBS NewsRadio 880. “For those people who don’t remember back to day one, Florida and other states imposed a quarantine on New Yorkers. If you went to Florida, you had to quarantine for two weeks because they were afraid that New Yorkers were bringing the virus to their state. Fast forward, 100 days, now we’re afraid they’re bringing the virus to our state.”
There is no quarantine in effect currently for Floridians heading to New York, but the mandatory quarantine does continue for travelers heading southbound. With a few exceptions, anyone traveling into Florida from Connecticut, NY and New Jersey must quarantine for 14 days.
LINK to WCBS NewsRadio 880.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired