BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 situation continues to be dire in Palm Beach County which remains at “Phase 1” of Florida’s reopening plan, despite a request from County Commissioners to elevate the area to Phase 2.
Governor Ron DeSantis has not indicated that Phase 2 is imminent. The request was made more than a week ago.
Dr. Alina Alonso, Director of the Florida Department of Health for Palm Beach County, today told County Commissioners that the number of new cases of COVID-19 continues to increase. She said “there is no conclusive evidence that those who contract and recover from COVID-19 are immune to re-infection.”
Dr. Alonso supported the now official Palm Beach County mandatory mask order.
Palm Beach County issued this official “write up” of the pending order which should be effective within days, if not hours.
“Mandatory masks – directed County Administrator Verdenia Baker to proceed with an executive order requiring masks or facial coverings to be worn in public places throughout Palm Beach County. Exempted are persons age 2 and under and individuals with respiratory conditions that preclude the use of a mask. The order applies inside all buildings and outdoors when social distancing is not possible.”
Read our additional facial covering coverage here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday