BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 situation continues to be dire in Palm Beach County which remains at “Phase 1” of Florida’s reopening plan, despite a request from County Commissioners to elevate the area to Phase 2.
Governor Ron DeSantis has not indicated that Phase 2 is imminent. The request was made more than a week ago.
Dr. Alina Alonso, Director of the Florida Department of Health for Palm Beach County, today told County Commissioners that the number of new cases of COVID-19 continues to increase. She said “there is no conclusive evidence that those who contract and recover from COVID-19 are immune to re-infection.”
Dr. Alonso supported the now official Palm Beach County mandatory mask order.
Palm Beach County issued this official “write up” of the pending order which should be effective within days, if not hours.
“Mandatory masks – directed County Administrator Verdenia Baker to proceed with an executive order requiring masks or facial coverings to be worn in public places throughout Palm Beach County. Exempted are persons age 2 and under and individuals with respiratory conditions that preclude the use of a mask. The order applies inside all buildings and outdoors when social distancing is not possible.”
Read our additional facial covering coverage here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired