BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 situation continues to be dire in Palm Beach County which remains at “Phase 1” of Florida’s reopening plan, despite a request from County Commissioners to elevate the area to Phase 2.
Governor Ron DeSantis has not indicated that Phase 2 is imminent. The request was made more than a week ago.
Dr. Alina Alonso, Director of the Florida Department of Health for Palm Beach County, today told County Commissioners that the number of new cases of COVID-19 continues to increase. She said “there is no conclusive evidence that those who contract and recover from COVID-19 are immune to re-infection.”
Dr. Alonso supported the now official Palm Beach County mandatory mask order.
Palm Beach County issued this official “write up” of the pending order which should be effective within days, if not hours.
“Mandatory masks – directed County Administrator Verdenia Baker to proceed with an executive order requiring masks or facial coverings to be worn in public places throughout Palm Beach County. Exempted are persons age 2 and under and individuals with respiratory conditions that preclude the use of a mask. The order applies inside all buildings and outdoors when social distancing is not possible.”
Read our additional facial covering coverage here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND