PERCENT POSITIVE SETS RECORD AT 18.43 PERCENT! PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW 18.3 PERCENT!
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s bad. Very, very bad. Florida just logged it’s highest one-day count of new COVID-19 cases ever. The official number for cases logged on Tuesday is 5,499. The percent positive rate has reached an all-time high of 18.43 percent.
The target is 10 percent or less.
In Palm Beach County, 355 new cases were logged on Tuesday and the percent positive rate skyrocketed to 18.3 percent. That’s the highest ever in Palm Beach County. In the simplest of terms, of all cases logged on Tuesday, 18.3 percent were positive.
The “weekly count” of emergency department visits in Palm Beach County for “flu like” and “COVID-like” symptoms is on the way up. See the official Florida Dept. of Health charts, below.
Palm Beach County Commissioners Tuesday passed a “facial covering” mandate which is county-wide. It takes effect as soon as the county administrator signs the document and posts it online.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70