PERCENT POSITIVE SETS RECORD AT 18.43 PERCENT! PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW 18.3 PERCENT!
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s bad. Very, very bad. Florida just logged it’s highest one-day count of new COVID-19 cases ever. The official number for cases logged on Tuesday is 5,499. The percent positive rate has reached an all-time high of 18.43 percent.
The target is 10 percent or less.
In Palm Beach County, 355 new cases were logged on Tuesday and the percent positive rate skyrocketed to 18.3 percent. That’s the highest ever in Palm Beach County. In the simplest of terms, of all cases logged on Tuesday, 18.3 percent were positive.
The “weekly count” of emergency department visits in Palm Beach County for “flu like” and “COVID-like” symptoms is on the way up. See the official Florida Dept. of Health charts, below.
Palm Beach County Commissioners Tuesday passed a “facial covering” mandate which is county-wide. It takes effect as soon as the county administrator signs the document and posts it online.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton