PERCENT POSITIVE SETS RECORD AT 18.43 PERCENT! PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW 18.3 PERCENT!
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s bad. Very, very bad. Florida just logged it’s highest one-day count of new COVID-19 cases ever. The official number for cases logged on Tuesday is 5,499. The percent positive rate has reached an all-time high of 18.43 percent.
The target is 10 percent or less.
In Palm Beach County, 355 new cases were logged on Tuesday and the percent positive rate skyrocketed to 18.3 percent. That’s the highest ever in Palm Beach County. In the simplest of terms, of all cases logged on Tuesday, 18.3 percent were positive.
The “weekly count” of emergency department visits in Palm Beach County for “flu like” and “COVID-like” symptoms is on the way up. See the official Florida Dept. of Health charts, below.
Palm Beach County Commissioners Tuesday passed a “facial covering” mandate which is county-wide. It takes effect as soon as the county administrator signs the document and posts it online.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days