REPORT EMPLOYERS FORCING SICK WORKERS TO WORK TO PALM BEACH COUNTY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Dr. Alino Alonso, Health Department Director for Palm Beach County, just said in an afternoon news conference that Palm Beach County must again flatten the curve.
“We need everybody’s help to flatten the curve. We’re going to use the weapon we had in the beginning. Facial coverings. Social distancing. Washing your hands. Sanitizing your hands when you can, not just washing them.”
Suggesting that the county is aware of employers encouraging sick workers to still work, she strongly sent this message:
“I want to lean on the businesses and employers. It is important to tell your employees home when they are sick. Give them an incentive to stay home when they are sick.”
Anyone with information about employers forcing sick employees to work should telephone the COVID-19 action line in Palm Beach County: 561-24-COVID.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton