REPORT EMPLOYERS FORCING SICK WORKERS TO WORK TO PALM BEACH COUNTY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Dr. Alino Alonso, Health Department Director for Palm Beach County, just said in an afternoon news conference that Palm Beach County must again flatten the curve.
“We need everybody’s help to flatten the curve. We’re going to use the weapon we had in the beginning. Facial coverings. Social distancing. Washing your hands. Sanitizing your hands when you can, not just washing them.”
Suggesting that the county is aware of employers encouraging sick workers to still work, she strongly sent this message:
“I want to lean on the businesses and employers. It is important to tell your employees home when they are sick. Give them an incentive to stay home when they are sick.”
Anyone with information about employers forcing sick employees to work should telephone the COVID-19 action line in Palm Beach County: 561-24-COVID.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days