BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A caller from a New Jersey telephone number (area code 551 with prefix 241) sure doesn’t like BocaNewsNow.com’s coverage of all things COVID-19. His profanity-laced voicemail to us makes that clear.
Welcome to the latest edition of “COVID-19 Deniers, Boca Edition.”
When we reported Friday on Miami-Dade County’s order to shut down all beaches in that county for the July 4th holiday weekend, we included a photo from the official Boca Raton Beach Cam showing a not insignificant crowd on a Boca beach at one point on May 22, 2020. The relevance: it was — and is — unclear if Palm Beach County will follow Miami-Dade’s lead and shut down beaches here for the holiday weekend.
The caller claims the photo is fake because he was there. He doesn’t say whether he was actually on the beach in question, or why a public beach webcam — of which there are many — would be faking crowds, but he sure makes his feelings known in that special “I’m from New Jersey now living in Boca sort of way.”
Listen to the message. We warn you if you are listening in front of children: it gets graphic around the 30 second mark.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday