BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Florida Lottery Commission Verbatim Advisory) — The Florida Lottery announces that Joseph Schulman, 54, of Boca Raton, claimed a $1 million top prize from the 50X Scratch-Off game using a secured drop box located at Florida Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee. He chose to receive his winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $805,000.00.
Schulman purchased his winning ticket from Publix, located at 3740 West Hillsboro Boulevard in Deerfield Beach. The retailer will receive a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning Scratch-Off ticket.
The $5 game, 50X, launched in January 2020, and features 12 top prizes of $1,000,000. The game also gives players the opportunity to multiply the prize shown by up to 50 times. The game’s overall odds of winning are one-in-4.19.
Scratch-Off games are an important part of the Lottery’s portfolio of games, comprising approximately 69 percent of ticket sales and generating more than $965 million for the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF) in fiscal year 2018-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County