BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Anyone wondering Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is doing a good job implementing policies and procedures that mitigate COVID-19 need to look no further than Thursday’s report.
Florida added 10,109 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday (reports represent tests logged the day before). The percent positive in Florida for Wednesday’s tests is 14.59. We initially reported 9558 which only includes Florida residents. The DOH has since clarified that the total is 10,109.
In Palm Beach County, 411 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Wednesday. The percent positive dropped back ever so slightly to 12.6 percent.
There are now 158,997 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,617 deaths. At least 15,150 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida since monitoring began.
In Palm Beach County, at least 14,859 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 523 people have died.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop