BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Anyone wondering Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is doing a good job implementing policies and procedures that mitigate COVID-19 need to look no further than Thursday’s report.
Florida added 10,109 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday (reports represent tests logged the day before). The percent positive in Florida for Wednesday’s tests is 14.59. We initially reported 9558 which only includes Florida residents. The DOH has since clarified that the total is 10,109.
In Palm Beach County, 411 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Wednesday. The percent positive dropped back ever so slightly to 12.6 percent.
There are now 158,997 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,617 deaths. At least 15,150 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida since monitoring began.
In Palm Beach County, at least 14,859 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 523 people have died.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant