BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ independence from CDC guidance may be costing Florida on this July 4th. The state just logged what appears to be a record setting 11,458 new cases of COVID-19. The cases represent those logged on July 3rd through 11:59 p.m.
The percent positive rate in Florida for cases logged on July 3rd is 14.10.
In Palm Beach County, 821 new cases were added to the books on July 3rd. The percent positive in Palm Beach County skyrocketed to 13.4. The target is 10 percent or lower.
Governor Ron DeSantis says he will not issue a mandatory mask requirement for the State of Florida. A mask mandate is in effect for Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low