BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ independence from CDC guidance may be costing Florida on this July 4th. The state just logged what appears to be a record setting 11,458 new cases of COVID-19. The cases represent those logged on July 3rd through 11:59 p.m.
The percent positive rate in Florida for cases logged on July 3rd is 14.10.
In Palm Beach County, 821 new cases were added to the books on July 3rd. The percent positive in Palm Beach County skyrocketed to 13.4. The target is 10 percent or lower.
Governor Ron DeSantis says he will not issue a mandatory mask requirement for the State of Florida. A mask mandate is in effect for Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges