BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ independence from CDC guidance may be costing Florida on this July 4th. The state just logged what appears to be a record setting 11,458 new cases of COVID-19. The cases represent those logged on July 3rd through 11:59 p.m.
The percent positive rate in Florida for cases logged on July 3rd is 14.10.
In Palm Beach County, 821 new cases were added to the books on July 3rd. The percent positive in Palm Beach County skyrocketed to 13.4. The target is 10 percent or lower.
Governor Ron DeSantis says he will not issue a mandatory mask requirement for the State of Florida. A mask mandate is in effect for Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida
- CHOPS Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector, Vents Soiled
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Child Abuse After Fight With Sibling
- Palm Beach Schools: If Students Lie About Address To Play Sports, They’ll Be Banned
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police