BOCA BLACK BOX PROMOTES SHOW IN EARLY AUGUST, SAYS FACIAL COVERINGS ARE NOT REQUIRED
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Black Box, a small performance venue in Boca Raton, may be preparing to violate Palm Beach County executive orders that both prohibit theaters from opening AND require masks to be worn.
Black Box is promoting an appearance by comedian Sarge on August 5th and August 6th in its location at 8221 Glades Road. The performance is scheduled despite the fact that Palm Beach County remains at “Phase One” which prohibits theaters from opening. By its own admission on its website, Boca Black Box only sells pre-prepared food, negating any claim that it could make of being a restaurant.
The second potential problem is the advertisement Boca Black Box is sending via email. It states, “Guests must wear masks until they get to their seats.”
Taking off those masks, however, would seemingly be a violation of the Palm Beach County executive order that requires mask use in public places. Boca Black Box is a 275 seat venue. The website states that it is selling 100 seats or less to ensure social distancing. But socially distanced or not, the executive order requires mask use in public indoor locations.
Palm Beach County Executive Order: “Facial Coverings must be worn by all persons … while obtaining any good or service or otherwise visiting or working in any business or establishment…”
We reached out to Boca Black Box. Twice. We have not received a response. We’ll update if we do. We’ll also update when we hear from Palm Beach County code enforcement.
Black Box came under scrutiny in May when it promoted comedian Kevin Farley. BocaNewsNow.com reached out to Farley’s publicist to ask about the comedian’s safety at the event. The show was cancelled a short time later.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak